Williams is the latest celebrity to show an interest in Bitcoin and cryptocurrency
Maisie Williams, known for playing the role of Arya Stark in the fantasy drama TV show Game of Thrones, has asked Twitter users if it is the right time to buy Bitcoin. The actress who has a following of 2.7 million on Twitter set up a poll asking, “Should I go long on bitcoin?”
The poll has accumulated a total of 749,290 votes in the last 12 hours. However, this number is expected to rise with more than 9 hours (as of publication) left before the poll ends. So far, 48% have voted in favour while the remaining 52% think she should not.
Many other crypto community members and fans have replied to tweet as well. Tesla’s chief executive Elon Musk was among the first to respond with a cheeky reply.
“ Toss a bitcoin to ur Witcher ,” he wrote.
Williams responded to the reply in what can be assumed to be a joke by asking, “how’s blue origin going?”
Ex-hedge fund manager Mike Novogratz posted, “Duh!!” before adding, “I bought more $BTC last night at 15800. It’s going to 20k and the. To 65 k. The network effect has taken over. I see tons of new buyers, and there is very little supply. It’s an easier trade here that at 11k. So YES, buy it.”
Others in favour were podcaster Peter McCormack who posted that she should only consider Bitcoin and Blockfolio’s team representing the crypto portfolio management application. Barry Silbert, CEO at Grayscale, couldn’t resist the opportunity to make a reference to the Greyscale disease on the TV show.
Silbert posted,” you should check out @Grayscale (the other one).”
Some Twitter users replied under the poll saying Bitcoin was “bad for the planet.” Other comments in the reply section simply revealed confusion.
There has been an increased interest in Bitcoin this year by high profile personalities in the finance and entertainment industries. Retired rapper and songwriter Sir Robert Bryson Hall II, known by stage name Logic, recently revealed he had decided to invest in crypto after discussing it with his manager.
Although it’s not yet known if Williams will invest in Bitcoin or not, she will have possibly exposed many Twitter users to crypto through her poll.